About me

As a child, I loved playing in the mud and remember making many mud cakes and cookies for my Mom as well as doll clothes, paper dolls, drawings, plaster castings, papier mache mask, etc. I tried fiber art, glass, drawing, etc but when I learned to handbuild in clay, I discovered my medium. Hours can pass in my studio while I try out the myriad of techniques and processes that start with a simple lump of mud. This blog is a means of sharing my work, with it's ups and downs as well as a few of the techniques I've learned.

Monday 25 July 2011

Re-visiting dinnerware set, again!

I thought I was on my way to coming up with a workable dinnerware idea but it's not quite right.  A form that moves from square to round almost always yields something very interesting and I've used this idea in some bowls I am pretty fond of.  They are going so well that I charged in and made 4 plates to go with them but although they are OK, they aren't great and should make good salad plates.  Hopefully I will be able to fire a load+ of greenware and glazing will be shortly behind.
This isn't a pic of the dinnerware but is a photo of a wonderful glaze called frogskin that will go on a lot of my work, in fact I find I am making work with this glaze specifically in mind because I like it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment