About me

As a child, I loved playing in the mud and remember making many mud cakes and cookies for my Mom as well as doll clothes, paper dolls, drawings, plaster castings, papier mache mask, etc. I tried fiber art, glass, drawing, etc but when I learned to handbuild in clay, I discovered my medium. Hours can pass in my studio while I try out the myriad of techniques and processes that start with a simple lump of mud. This blog is a means of sharing my work, with it's ups and downs as well as a few of the techniques I've learned.

Saturday 10 December 2011

Christmas sales over but am working hard to get some last minute pieces finished that I should have done last month!  Oh well, I wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't scrambling madly to catch up all the things I need to do so I can get to the multitude of things I want to do.
I'm going to the Saturday morning Art of Living yoga and meditation, then 2 Clay Art Association meetings this afternoon (had to skip a rock club meeting last night), then I can spend the remainder of today and most of tomorrow in my studio.
There is a shape I have been working with that I find intriguing and for the first time I am working in series to really explore this form, work out all of the technical problems with it and take it as far as I can.  So far it has been successful as different variations and sizes of urns/lidded containers, and not quite so successful as small bottles.  I experimented with tall bottles and vases and I think with some tweaking it might be great for that.  Currently I am making graceful 4 sides pieces but with a little twist here, an addition or deletion there something new may emerge.  Whatever happens with it, I have discovered a wonderful new (for me) way to work and the possibilities are very exiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment